Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yes, Life's Quite an Adventure



(My response to a challenge to compose a poem from song titles of a single band, in this case one of my favorites, Yes.)

If you take a (roundabout) route
To the (heart of the sunrise)
And find yourself on the (south side of the sky)
(Yours is no disgrace).
(I’ve seen all good people) lose their way
And when they ask directions
Get only a (long distance runaround).

You may even find a kindred spirit
To accompany you on that road
And you won’t be the (owner of a lonely heart)
Because (love will find a way) somehow;
It always does.

If not, (hold on.)
Whatever happens, surely at the end of the journey
We’ll have (wondrous stories) to tell.
(And you and I) will drink and laugh
And tell all our tales
Like (starship troopers)
Returned from adventures on distant worlds.

1 comment:

  1. I recall that poem from you on WC, it gave me the idea to try something similar with country tunes.
    I heard a lot of them going through my head as I read this.

    ReplyDelete