Monday, March 23, 2015

Luminous



Your eyes are the Fourth of July
Your smile the light of day
But the light in your heart
Is much brighter by far
And it leaves me dazed
And completely amazed
Just to glimpse one tiny ray. 

You’re luminescent, incandescent, brilliantly bright
But I know all about the fire behind the light
Let me warm myself beside it
Always want to reignite it
Light my way and stay within my sight.

When the Lord said, “Let there be light,”
He had you in mind for me.
A constellation, no doubt
With my own North Star.
Your glow defined
The dark corners of my mind
And set my spirit free.

2 comments:

  1. "When the Lord said, 'Let there be light,'
    He had you in mind for me."

    What an expansive and gorgeous expression of soulmates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind words mean so much to me! I somehow didn't see this message until today, but I had to let you know.

    ReplyDelete